We are looking for a Credit Controller
Under the supervision of the Operations Director, to provide a professional focused financial service within the business, ensuring that the most effective systems and processes are followed at all times. Duties will include, processing and logging of incoming invoices, reconciliations of customers and supplier accounts, handling both customer and client queries and statements, chasing payments, liaising with different departments within the business, processing and managing large volumes of data and using excel skills to gather data and information for the Credit Control department.
You will be joining a reputable business that has enjoyed great success and growth over the past 9 years and continues to thrive. The offices are based in Glasgow City Centre and the team is friendly and supportive. To be successful in this role, you will be friendly, hard working and adaptable. You will forge excellent relationships with your customers to ensure that payments are received on time and without problems.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Chase outstanding accounts by telephone, letter and e-mail in a professional and polite manner.
- Reconcile customer accounts.
- Ensure that sales ledger records are accurately maintained.
- Review suspended orders on a daily basis.
- Allocate payments in accordance to customers remittance advice minimising the level of unallocated cash.
- Maintain good relationships with customers, Account Managers and other departments within the company.
- Ensure all queries / disputes are recorded in the appropriate format and resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in a number of Finance related projects, using the business accounting system to adjust and accurately record financial entries, full training will be provided.
- Ensure clients receive accurate invoices and statements.
- Complete tasks raised by the line manager in an accurate and timely manner.
- To provide assistance to all other members of the finance team.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Experience of credit control within a professional office environment
- Experience of working within a Finance team, operating similar processes and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, with an ability to deal with people at all levels including senior management
- Demonstrate ability to use own initiative and flexible in personal approach
- Ability to prioritise work to meet targets and take ownership of ad-hoc tasks
- Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word to a good level
- Immediate availability and Beer Industry experience would be an advantage
Hours - Monday - Friday - 9am - 5pm with an hour off for lunch.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our office on 0141 572 1580